Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ugandan Princess what to marry her sweetheart BUT...


Princess Ruth Komuntale, 23years old,  is going to marry her sweetheart Thomas Christopher, a african american citizen. 
The introduction ceremony is to take place on 16th while the wedding is to take place on 17th November.
Princess Komuntale met her fiancĂ©, Thomas Christopher when she was in Las Vegas while she was on a trip with her mother and brother.

But many Batooro are not joyful with the decision because Thomas is a foreign man who does not understand the norms and culture of the land.
The elders claim that Komuntale will defy culture if she gets married to the foreign man.
One of Komuntale’s aunties, said that they were willing to find a suitor for Komuntale and have started looking for one among the prominent families in Toro with a good reputation, but were shocked to learn that she already has someone else.
However the princess says: “I have a right to choose a man I love, the one I know I will spend the rest of my life with because marriage is a lifetime commitment. I don’t want to get married to someone I don’t love because I am a princess and people should not base on culture to tear my heart apart…It is not because I don’t respect my culture, but I also have to follow my heart.”


Facts about the kingdom of Toro:

The Kingdom of Toro with its capital Fort Portal lies in the south western part of present day Uganda. The people of Toro are called Batoro and make up 3.2 percent of the population of Uganda which stands at Estimate 35.5 million in the 2012.
The Kingdom is ruled by the Babiito dynasty whose origins go as far back as the 14th century.
The reigning king is King Oyo, 20years,  he is the younger brother of Princess Ruth Komuntale. He is currently the youngest ruling monarch.


I hope that god bless their Union!
Let L.O.V.E conquer it all!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to her!

    Mana pls remove this robot thing on your comment system, it makes commenting boring. Thanks
    http://trendysturvs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete